This release incorporates a number of fixes and improvements, including:
- Better per-thread allocation, improving speed for Unix platforms that do not support
__thread(a fast way to do thread-specific data)
- Added interception of Solaris threads API (
thr_*) to work with older Solaris programs (the subject of the earlier post)
- Fixed a rare race condition accidentally introduced in 3.7.1
- Increased checking to protect against heap corruption or other errors
- And Hoard now uses GNU-supported hooks on platforms with glibc (especially Linux), allowing it to work better with legacy programs (even emacs!).